Your company needs a new website? But what questions must the website briefing for the online agency or freelancer include in order to develop a suitable solution for you?
Here are the most important questions that should be answered in your Website Briefing:
General questions in the website briefing
Goals, distribution of tasks & general conditions
- What should your website aim to achieve? (e.g. generate sales, as many pageviews per visit as possible, landing page for advertising campaign, etc.)
- What tasks should the agency take on? (e.g. conception, programming, creating content, etc.)
- Which additional partners are involved? (e.g. graphic designer, management consultant, advertising agency, SEO agency, etc.)
- What budget is available for the new website?
- Until when do you need the offer?
- By when should the website be ready?
- What kind of support do you need from the agency after the website is finished?
- How many feedback loops would you like?
- hat additional expectations do you have of the new website? (e.g. loading time of less than one second, mobile optimisation)
- Why do you want a new website?
Content, structural & technical questions in the website briefing
- What does the desired website structure look like?
- s there any existing content that needs to be integrated into the new website?
- What content must be created by the agency?
- What content do you or other project partners provide?
- Who maintains the content/data?
- Should the website have a blog?
- Is there any visual material to be used on the website?
- Is there a corporate design that should be taken into account in the design?
- Are there existing website designs that you particularly like?
- What functions should the new website have? (forms, sharing functions, configurators, external interfaces etc.)
- Should the website be in several languages?
- Do you want certain functions for the administration of the website?
- Is there a particular content management system you prefer? (e.g. WordPress, Typo3 etc.)
- What special requirements should the website have in terms of data protection?
- What kind of tracking needs to be integrated into the website? (e.g. Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Matomo Analytics, etc.)
- Should the website be optimised in such a way that the best possible ranking for certain search queries is achieved (SEO)? If so, for which terms?
Website Briefing for online shops
- If you are planning an online shop, you should also answer the following questions in your website briefing:
- How many products do you want to list?
- Do you want products that can be configured by the users later? (e.g. compilation of content for a muesli box, bike configurator, etc.)
- Which payment options do you want to offer your customers in the shop?
- Is a connection to an external data interface necessary?
- How would you like the ordering process to work?