Anyone who wants to be successful in business cannot avoid customer-oriented behaviour.
But in the end, what is customer orientation all about?
Here are a few simple tips on how your company can also succeed in providing great customer service:
- Offer a great service and strive to constantly improve
- Be open to criticism and try to offer your customers constructive solutions to problems. (No matter if it is a complaint in the shop or a negative online rating)
- Ask your customers what you can do even better or what new product features they would like to see (e.g. with surveys, in a conversation)
- Keep the promises you make to your customers
- Try to exceed the expectations of your customers
- Take time for your customers and have an open ear
- Be friendly to your customers, spread a good mood and give them a good feeling
- Go the extra mile and show the customers that you care about them
- Read the online reviews of your company and your products and use the feedback to make your offer even better
- Respond to online reviews, say thank you and try to suggest a customer-oriented solution in case of criticism.
- Do not try to aggressively talk your customers into buying products
- Answer enquiries promptly and if this is not possible, write your customer back when you can expect an answer.
- Be there for your customers even after the purchase
- Do not rip off your customers, but be a fair
- Make your services as transparent as possible and gain the trust of your customers
- Admit mistakes you have made and learn from them
- Say thank you, because your customers are ultimately the ones who keep your business running